FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What hyperpigmentation conditions can be treated?
Hyperpigmentation results from increased melanin levels due to melanocyte hyperactivity. This is a sign of photo-aging of the skin due to excessive sun exposure. Melasma and/or chloasma are specific hyperpigmentation, which can be very challenging to treat due to their tendency to recur. While hyperpigmentation can be significantly improved, long term results depend on regular use of a high factor sun screen.
What acne problems can be treated?
Acne-prone skin generally has increased sebum secretion, open pores and for many patients, redness or flushing (especially with fair skin). Controlled chemical dermabrasion can be an excellent help for patients with acne.
What aftercare precautions do I need to take after a ME LINE peel?
It is vital that you protect your skin from the damage that UVA and UVB rays cause by using a high factor UVA/UVB cream every day. We can recommend suitable sunscreen products to complement your peel.
You will also be advised on a skin care routine:
Once you have completed your in clinic treatment you will be advised on a home skincare routine using Me Line home products to continue your journey to better skin.
What are the immediate side-effects?
Immediate effects in the clinical trial included reddening and flaky skin.
Patients having a stronger treatment may experience swelling. Peeling tends to start after 48 hours and will last for 3-4 days.
What skin types can ME LINE be used for?
- Caucasian and ethnic skin types
- Acne-prone and spotty skin
- Suitable for use on the face or body (e.g. acne chest/shoulders)
When can’t I have ME LINE?
ME LINE is not suitable under the following conditions:
- Active skin infection (especially with herpes simplex or purpuric lesions)
- Allergy to any of the active ingredients in ME LINE
- Recent sun exposure
- Photosensitivity and autoimmune diseases
- Immediate social engagements, due to the likelihood of redness/peeling
What makes ME LINE special?
ME LINE’s controlled chemical dermabrasion product is an innovative treatment for a number of reasons:
- Application in the form of an occlusive emulsion
- Formulation with various active ingredients to act on pigmentation at different points
- Leave-on time